Mary was the only child of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon to live past infancy. Crowned after the death of Edward VI and the removal of The Nine Days Queen-Lady Jane Grey, Mary is chiefly remembered for temporarily and violently returning England to Catholicism. Many prominent Protestants were executed for their beliefs leading to the moniker Bloody Mary. Fearing the gallows a further 800 Protestants left the country, unable to return until her death.
- The Tudors (TV Series 2007 – 2010) – IMDb (netflowers.wordpress.com)
- Ten great portraits of Queens (madameguillotine.org.uk)
- Her Highness, the Traitor (misfitandmom.wordpress.com)
- Cousins and Queens: “Mary, Queen of Scots” (persephonemagazine.com)
- Making history (guardian.co.uk)