Great War 14-18 site with explicit graphic pictures, real color photographs, and thought-provoking articles on the First World War 1914 – 1918 (using English and Dutch/Flemish: Eerste Wereldoorlog). The Heritage of the Great War has articles mainly in English; some are in Dutch(Flemish) only. We also show the literary war(poetry & prose), political cartoons and manyphoto slideshows.
This website is dedicated to the events and consequences of World War One.
We put some emphasis on unorthodox and thought-provoking points of view. We are averse to historicism and military fetishism.
And we show people rather than strategic plans or statistics.
Click here to view site>>>>http://greatwar.nl/
- June 28 1914 Archduke Franz Ferdinand assassinated (craighill.net)
- Time-capsule 1914-1918, Cheltenham Festival, review (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Home Front during the Great War (dalyhistory.wordpress.com)
- Great War in East Africa Conference, The National Archives, Kew (warstudies.wordpress.com)
- Ancestors at war (hartlepoolmail.co.uk)
- The Lee Enfield .303 and British marksmanship (rnzngunners.wordpress.com)