The $4 Coiled Hair Stella gold coin from 1880 is scheduled to be auctioned on September 23 by Bonhams in Los Angeles and could pull in up to $1.5 million. The extraordinary coin containing six grams of pure gold was struck in the United States, but never released into circulation and will be sold in a lot with 26 other coins worth up to $8 million.
- Rare coin could sell for $1.5 million at auction (reuters.com)
- Rare $4 (€3) Gold Coin Put Up for Auction, Worth over $1 Million (€751,000) (news.softpedia.com)
- Rare $4 gold coin to be auctioned for $1.5 million – Examiner.com (donnellyunh.wordpress.com)
- Rare Coin Could Sell For $1.5 Million at Auction (on.aol.com)
- Rare $4 Coin Could Be Sold For $1.5 million At Bonhams Auction (extravaganzi.com)
- Rare Coins And The X Factor They Carry (bullionsandcoins.wordpress.com)